Monday, February 11, 2008

Royalty Sighting: Princess Anne, the Princess Royal

The Honour of the first British royal to be sighted by me goes to Princess Anne, the Princess Royal. Only daughter of Queen Elizabeth II, she is an Olympic Gold Medalist in horesbackriding and an avid Scottish rugby fan.




So I must tell of an important story from my recent travels to Cardiff. Unbeknownst to us, there was a major Rugby game in Cardiff the day we visited between Scotland and Wales. The town was flooded with kilted Scotsman and Welshmen. So Kristen and I are standing on the sidewalk waiting for the rest of the group to emerge form a store when a series of police officers on horesback come by to clear the street. Now, I had a gut feeling someone important was coming by so I told Kristen to pay attention to the car. And would you believe it? It was Princess Anne, the Princess Royal! I was three feet away from her and she exchanged a wave with us. I must say I was overcome with emotion that I saw my first royal! And Kristen turns to me and says, "Who was that lady?"



More fun news from Wales when I finish with my American Revolution research on Wednesday.

No comments: